Thursday, November 17, 2005

I think our mom's are related

This girl is 14. She is late to school, she doesn't study and could care less. So Mom says, "OK, honey, if this is what you want to do with your future, let's get started now!" with a big, mischievious smile on her face. "Let's make you a sign and get going!" Mom makes 14-year-old daughter stand on the corner of a street with her sign that says, "Will work for food" and now daughter is actually doing schoolwork.

I think my mother gave her that idea. If my mother would sing in Wal-Mart (which I'm sorry if you witnessed that, she really doesn't sing like that!) then she most definately would have stuck me on the corner of the street when I failed a grade! Public Displays of Embarrassment are my mom's specialty!

1 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I embarassed my children because their poor behavior in public was an embarassment to me. I'd do it again because it got the message across. Clearly, you will do the same with your children since you see it worked so well with you!! I love you,
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home